Wednesday, April 7, 2010

O2 Ministries cruises to victory...

My final softball season, for the forseeable future anyway, started last night with a BANG! O2 Ministries knocked off the Vineyard (2) by a score of 23-4. The game ended in the fourth inning due to the mercy rule.

Clint Hamner and Brian Crow went deep for the victors with Hamner's blast, a grand slam. Nathan Hannah returned to his past form of excellence on the mound by keeping hitter's off balance for four innings. Crow led the defense with excellent play at SS. His brother, Brad, also had an excellent game at 3rd base. Hamner made a couple of tough catches in Left-center.

O2 Ministries returns to action on Thursday at 7:15 against Daystar.

Personally, I played second base and notched an out at first base on the only ground ball hit my way. At the plate, I went 3-for-4 with two singles and a double. I was just a few feet away from hitting my first homer in a few years as I cleared the OF fence, but the ball went just foul!

No comments:

Post a Comment