Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Playground and Holiland

I can't believe we are in our last few weeks in China. I want to post more about our everyday life, so I won't forget and can come back to the blog and remember our time in China.

A normal, warm weather day for us is spent outside. After Aubrey's morning nap, we usually load up the double stroller and head out.

Today we went to Matt's school and enjoyed some time on the playground. Brynn and her friend Peyton played in the sandbox and Aubrey chased a butterfly (it was sooo cute).

We enjoyed a rather random picnic lunch of boiled eggs, raisins, crackers and an apple, which we all shared. There were slim pickings today and thankfully I will go on our bi-weekly shopping trip tomorrow to Auchan and Metro.

Since our lunch was pretty sad, we stopped by our favorite bakery, Holiland, on our way home. I counted 8,  and I am not exaggerating, bakery/sweet/juice shops on our fifteen minute walk home. China is a funny place!



Yes, those are puffy wet eyes you see on Brynn. She was not happy about leaving the playground. She got to choose her treat and it was no surprise she picked the pink, pig cake. The other ear is already in her mouth. They are called cakes, but they are not sweet at all. To me they don't taste nearly as good as they look.



Here is the after picture. She said "My pig made me happy".

 Aubrey shared a berry smoothie with Mommy.


 That made her happy too!

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment