Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend and Piece of Art

We had a great, relaxing weekend here in Chengdu. Friday night we ate dinner at our new friends and host family, the Spatas, house. We had grilled chicken, baked potato casserole and salad. It was very good and felt very American! Saturday morning I went on a school sponsored shopping trip. Matt and Brynn stayed at home and played. Sunday we went to fellowship and ate lunch at Peter's Tex Mex. In our spare time (when Brynn is napping),  Matt and I are watching the "Lost" series. We now know why all of our friends obsessed over the show. It is very good and I am even staying up past 9:00 pm to watch another episode. For those who know me well, know that I don't stay up past 9 for much :)






We have this decorative piece in our living room that has two cutouts with lighting for a piece of art. I was thinking of buying some sort of figurine, pottery, etc. to put in the spaces. Brynn gave me another idea.....







You may have noticed Brynn's new shoes in the bottom picture. Her feet must have hit a growth spurt because only one pair of her shoes still fit. I was able to buy her these cute pink shoes for $4 by using a lot of hand gestures. I also learned she wears a size 15 according to Chinese sizes.

I hope everyone has a great week! Love, Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Daniel and I ate at Peter's TexMex twice while we were in Shanghai! We loved it - a little piece of home! So glad you found one! And we watched Lost on the whole plane ride over and back. :) Glad you're enjoying China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new artwork :0)! Love to see your updates!

    ReplyDelete