Friday, December 3, 2010

Check Up and Night Safari

While in Singapore, I took Brynn her 18 month doctor's checkup a few months late. She is doing great. One thing I thought was funny was the doctor put her weight and height on the US growth chart I brought and she is between the 5th and 10th percentile on both. He then put her on the Asian growth chart and she is between the 50th and 75th percentile. It just goes to show how much bigger we are in the US.
After her doctor's appointment I took her to Build-A-Bear. I was really excited and thought she would love making her own bear. After about five minutes she was not interested in making a bear and she was having more fun touching everything on the shelves. She has warmed up to Pink Bear and now she does everything with us, even eat dinner wearing a bib!


 One night we took Brynn and several student to the Night Safari. The zoo in Singapore is world renowned and the Safari is the only one like it in the world. We started the night off watching a fire show. Brynn was fascinated by it as you can tell from her face in the picture. I could not get her to look at the camera.


This is us on the tram before entering the Safari. You were not allowed to take any pictures of the animals. We saw lions, elephants, rhinos, hippos and all sort of animals. Matt thinks some of them were fake, because they let us get so close to them. It was an amazing experience and we felt like we were on an actual African Safari. We were allowed to walk part of the trail. My least favorite was the bat enclosure. No one believes me, but I promise a bat tried to attack me.

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree with Matt, that is a fake Zebra ;) Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny!! Jeff's comment cracks me up!!! I bet it was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with Matt, i don't think real Zebra's let you ride them without a stripped saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt, I like to see that my shirt has made it all the way to China. At leat your Sarah will let you wear it. :) And Sarah I feel your pain on the attack of the bats. I was attacked by 50 birds at the Birmingham zoo with Ava screaming her head off. They really like the sugar water you feed them. Not FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love following this blog:) the growth chart thing cracks me up personally. i am so excited for ya'll and all the adventures to come. love, jess

    ReplyDelete