Thursday, June 2, 2011

Random Thoughts...

Since Sarah has not updated our blog since she returned to the States, I thought I might share some random thoughts of mine since I have been living alone in China for the past three weeks.

Zombie Outbreak: I am a huge fan of zombies, whether it be movies, tv shows or video games. I often plan strategies for surviving a zombie outbreak. After much careful plan, I have come to the conclusion that I will not survive if a zombie outbreak occurs while I am in China. First off, there are just too many people. Chengdu has over 12 million people. It will be hard to make yourself scarce with that many neighbors. Secondly, firearms are not allowed. Zombies can be taken down with one shot to the head (must penetrate the brain). We have Air Soft Guns, which are fun for shooting rowdy high school kids, but will not take out a zombie brain. Finally, I do not know the terrain well enough to find good hiding spots, food or allies. I could hold out in my apartment, but would eventually run out of food and water. I could flee to the countryside, but do not know my way around. Hopefully, I will be back in Alabama before a zombie outbreak occurs.

Bachelor Life: I have been a bachelor in China for the past few weeks and it SUCKS!!! I believe that I might actually take Sarah for granted at times. Evidently, my clothes do not magically get washed and appear in my closet. Also, the Supper Fairy does not bring food when Sarah is not here. Once Sarah left, I thought I would stay up late watching movies and playing video games. I might even start sleeping past 7 AM. Wrong... I go to bed around 9PM and usually wake up at 6:15AM without an alarm. Needless, I am ready to be reunited with my wife, even if she is extremely pregnant, emotional and hormonal!!

Brynn: Skype is an amazing technological invention. It has allowed us to keep Brynn familiar with friends and family despite being thousands of miles apart. It has also allowed me to see Brynn on a daily basis while we are apart. Some days she can't get enough of me on the computer. She will get mad at Sarah if she tries to talk to me. She has to be in front of the computer. Other days, I do not exist. We can't get her to come to the computer (even for a bribe). I have enjoyed allowing her treats even when her mother says NO. The other day, Brynn wanted cheese. Sarah said NO because it was too late. She looked at daddy on Skype and I gave her a big fat YES!! Sarah was not happy, but Brynn loved her daddy even more. My favorite Skype moments are Brynn's hugs. She wraps her arms around the computer. All I can see is a big blur, but I know it is the my little B loving on her daddy.

Beach or No Beach: Mancation 2011 takes place in Destin the weekend that I return to Alabama. Scott (PE), Jonathan, Jeff and Robert are heading to the beach. Mancation 2010 was in Atlanta, just a couple of weeks before we left for China. With the dates working out perfectly, I will not miss the trip... OR WILL I? Sarah is due on June 27. So far, she has not made any progress. We are going to be five hours away. Can I make it back in time if she goes into labor? Does Sarah's blessing to attend the trip come with any strings attached? Is it a test to see if I will actually go? These are things that must be sorted out over the next few days!!

Return Home: Here is a list of things that I am looking forward to doing when I return (no particular order)...
1. BBQ- Dreamland, Archibalds or Moes, I do not care. I need some good Southern BBQ!!
2. Golf: Scott better be ready because we are going to own some golf courses this summer. While may game may suck with a year away, I do not care. There is not a better feeling than being on the course with one of your best friends!
3. Family: I miss my mommy! As Sarah can attest, I am a momma's boy. This the longest that I have gone without seeing my parents. I do not like it!! I can't wait to just hang out at their house and grill hot dogs/burgers on the porch.
4. Friends: The Colemans, Anders, Pates, Coopers and Brewer(hopefully this name will be plural one day) need to get ready for some quality time with Matt. I miss my friends dearly and can't wait to sit around and catch up on all the happenings of the past 10 months.
5. Swen: I plan to share a few meals with my father at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I am tired of Chinese food, but for novelty sake, I will return on occasion to see my old pals in Northport!
6. Sarah, Brynn and Aubrey: Even though I said no particular order, this is NO 1. I can't wait to see my two favorite girls in the Atlanta airport on Monday night. I can't wait to feel Aubrey kick in Sarah's belly! I miss my girls!!!

Perdue OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment