Thursday, March 26, 2015

Destination Culebra: Day 3

Sarah and I began our final day in Culebra with a massage at our condo. The masseuse came to our condo and provided each of us an hour of relaxation. I have experienced massages in Thailand (amazing) and China (a unique experience), but this was a different experience. He was an actual massage therapist and seemed to have a plan and a routine.

After our massages, Sarah and I enjoyed lunch at Mamma Cita's Guest house. It was another fantastic meal with a great view of the water, boats and wildlife. Following lunch, we experienced our first rain on the island but it was short lived, as Sarah and I spent some time on Flamenco Beach getting sun and people watching. After we both got good and burnt, we headed out for some island exploring. I took advantage of the Jeep and found many dirt roads to explore.

For dinner, Sarah and I decided to try a restaurant that delivers food. It was a great call as Sarah and I enjoyed a relaxing dinner at our amazing condo. We also spent time in the hammock chatting and planning our next trip. All of Sarah's ideas typically involve a road trip with kids and mine involve some foreign country that may or may not allow Americans (CUBA!).

Here are some pics of the day. Again, I do not have any pics of the massage time, but if you want to talk to the young man flying the mini drone outside our window, he may have some pics of Sarah and I in a relaxed state. He also may or may not be a fan of mine as we had a conversation about his flying.


Sarah's lunch of Grilled Mahi-Mahi with rice and beans


Flamenco Beach


View from the hill beside our condo


Another view I found on a dirt road


Dinner: Sarah with vegetarian lasagna and Matt with Italian Sausage and Yellow Rice (Death by Chocolate Cupcakes for dessert)


Sunset from the hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment