Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 12...

We did not take any pictures today. I know that most of our blog readers (grandparents especially) might be disappointed without visual content of Brynn and Aubrey. Instead, you will get to read some of my ramblings from Thailand!

- We tried a new restaurant last night called H.C. Andersons. Sarah and I needed a break from Thai food, so we wanted to try a place with Western dishes. This restaurant did not disappoint. Ever since Sarah and I moved to China, we always rate Western food by whether or not we would order it if we lived in America. For example, Peter's in Chengdu is good Western food, but I would not eat their if it was in Alabama. H.C. Andersons, however, fits the other category. I would most certainly give this place a visit or two in the old USA. Sarah enjoyed a Pan-fried fish with baked potato while I had Chicken Cordon Bleu with fried potatoes. It was an excellent meal and a place that we will revisit in the near future!
- Sarah and I are laying the law down on Brynn and Aubrey. Brynn is going through potty training boot camp and Aubrey is learning to go to sleep without being held, rocked or patted. After two days, the parents are seeing progress. We know the victory is not quite ours, but with a few more days of work and sacrifice, Brynn and Aubrey will become much more self sufficient. 
- Awkward moment on the beach last week... Brynn and I are strolling down the sidewalk while Sarah, Susan and Aubrey are a ways behind us browsing at shops. I see a young couple with two children that look exactly the same age as Brynn and Aubrey. From my initial look, I assume that both children are boys. They are both extremely attractive children and once Sarah catches up to us, I make the comment that our girls need to marry those boys one day. The mother of the children laughs and says OK but the baby is a girl. I immediately apologize, but she says no worry, because they can still get married. I have been in China for two years, but I am pretty sure that same-sex marriage is still illegal in Alabama.
- The weather is extremely hot at the beach right now. Sarah and I have started taking the girls to the beach or pool in the early morning and early evening. We are skipping the middle of the day. It is funny because a few years ago, we would only go to the beach at the peak time because we wanted sun tans. Priorities change quickly!!!
-Prediction for the Game: Alabama 24, LSU 10. In my opinion, Alabama needs to win by 10-plus points in order to squash any split-national championship talk. If we win a squeaker, LSU has a "somewhat" legit argument for the AP Poll. 

Hopefully, we will have some more pictures up tomorrow and an update on our battles with the children!

No comments:

Post a Comment