Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 16 & 17

Again, our vacation can get a little busy and I do not blog for a couple of days. Here is two days rolled into one.


Aubrey played in the sand for about an hour on Friday.

The result of playtime equaled some gritty poo poo!


These views from our lunch table are rough!


Two of my girls working on a sand castle.


After a long day at the beach, my two girls enjoy their computers.

Highlights:
1. On Thursday, the Perdue family ate at our new, favorite Italian restaurant. It is funny that a small place on Kamala Beach in Thailand has some of the best Italian food that we have ever eaten. I went with a chili and garlic pasta while Sarah enjoyed Lasagna. We made friends with the chef and he is going to make me a pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes on our next visit.
2. We did a family swim night on Thursday, as well. Aubrey was hesitant with the water at first, but has really taken to the pool. We have bought her a new float and will have pictures on the blog tomorrow.
3. On Friday, we visited another beach in Phuket. This time we went to Surin Beach. It is known for big waves, strong currents and surfing. While surfing was not present, the big waves and currents were as advertised. Brynn was a little scared, so she and the girls played in the sand. I braved the waves for a good while with some Russian families. 
4. Wedding ring #2 was lost at Surin Beach. So now, I have lost a wedding ring at Shelton State Community College while shredding with Trae and now a wedding ring is at the bottom of Surin Beach. Brynn has promised to buy me a new ring with all her money.
5. I enjoyed the best cheeseburger and onion rings of the trip so far last night. Brynn absolutely destroyed my onion rings. We made friends with an Australian couple and they told me to go with the burger. They were correct! This place has a great Western menu and we plan to return next week.
6. I have downloaded a white noise app for my Iphone. I believe Jeff said that it worked to help Kate sleep. We tried it with Aubrey last night for the first time and Sarah said she did better. With her poor sleeping habits, I am willing to try anything (Sarah has said no to Benadryl ).

1 comment:

  1. White noise apps are great!
    You've got Chris beat, he lost wedding ring 1 before our first anniversary :( but he's kept up with wedding ring 2 :)

    ReplyDelete