Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ballerina and Prayer Warrior


 A few days ago we were straightening up Brynn's closet and found a ballerina outfit. Brynn had to try it on and loved it. Later that day we were going out to play and she wanted to stay in her ballerina outfit. I am not sure the people in our neighborhood knew what to think of an American girl in a tutu.






I call the cute little boy on the right her boyfriend. It seems every time we go out to play he is there with his grandmother. He is so sweet, but does not like it when Brynn tries to take his riding toy. She succeeded that day and got to ride his toy. Brynn was sweet enough to let him play with hers, so they were both happy.

On Monday Brynn and I were sitting down to eat our lunch and held hands to say a prayer. About 5 minutes into our meal Brynn reached out to hold my hand and then bowed her head and closed her eyes waiting on me to pray again. Brynn prompted us to pray about 10 more times during lunch. I told Matt about it before dinner and wondered if she want to pray throughout dinner as well. She did.... we said a prayer after every few bites!!! Brynn would even throw in her own toddler talk and some Amens :)

6 comments:

  1. She is too adorable for words. I keep forgetting to blog This but Sunday at church we folded our hands to pray and Lorelei yelled "bumble bee" we had been singing "I'm bringing home a baby bumblee bee" all weekend. Slightly embarrassing. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious about Brynn wanting to pray, Sarah. I love her tutu by the way! She may start a new trend in Chengdu...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to cry reading that! I am starting to see a lot of your features in the last few pictures of Brynn. She is all about her accessories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is precious! Train up a child in the way (s)he should go... Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got on your blog, and address. Brynn, can dance on my show anytime she wants to. Love the picys and blogs. Wonderful to see and hear from you. Love

    ReplyDelete