Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Recap....

We had a great weekend here in Chengdu. Friday night we took two buses and three taxis and successfully made it out to eat and to the grocery store. We ate dinner at Peter's Tex Mex and it was delicious. We were both (mainly me)craving Western food. I got the carne asada, Matt got fried chicken, mashed potatoes and sweet tea and Brynn got a ham and cheese sandwich. We all cleaned our plates.

Saturday we scootered to the amusement park, Happy Valley. They have a great  kiddy area and Brynn enjoyed riding the carousal (she picked the elephant to ride), Ferris wheel, nerf ball zone and a peculiar Christmas ride where you shoot targets and accumulate points.

Matt woke up at 5 am on Sunday to watch the game before the Alabama/Penn State game.  Brynn and I joined him later to watch Bama win!! We then went to fellowship and enjoyed lunch at a nearby noodle shop. We were very impressed, because it was the first Chinese meal we were able to order on our own. Matt got chicken fried rice and Brynn and I got our favorite, egg and tomato noodles. Brynn and Matt napped when we got home and I enjoyed my first massage here in China. I am not sure why I waited 6 weeks to get one. It was wonderful and the hour massage only cost me 30 RMB, which less than $5.


Brynn eating leftover noodles for dinner last night:

No comments:

Post a Comment