Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ergo Baby Carrier, Leggings and Our Apartment Complex



 If you have  a baby between 10 and 40 lbs. you must buy a Ergo today. Our friends, the Spata's, went home to the States for a wedding last week and brought one back for us. It is a little pricey, but I feel it has already been worth every penny! You can wear the child forwards, backwards, and on the hip. It is made so well I can wear Brynn in comfort for hours. It has given me so much freedom. It is very hard to use public transportation with a stroller and carrying a toddler.  The Ergo makes it so much easier and Brynn loves it. I just strap her on and off we go!  Today we rode the bus the Supermarket, Aushan. It has some shops and restaurants around it. Brynn's favorite part is that is had a children's area, where she can play. There is a ball pit and mini merry-go-round that she can get off and on herself. I need to bring my camera next time. She was so worn out she feel asleep before I even left the store. The Ergo has a sleeping hood that holds the babies head in place. I secretly love that she falls asleep snuggled up to me. She is usually too active to snuggle much anymore. Brynn luckily missed me getting off on the wrong bus stop, saying the word for my neighborhood over and over to some confused Chinese people at the bus stop, being pushed on another bus by someone who finally understood what I was saying and then getting dropped off in an unknown place. Thankfully someone was able to point me in the right direction and I easily found my way home. Good news is that I now know the bus route for one more bus. 

I have this thing about matching. To not match makes me a little crazy. Here in China matching is not a big deal. People wear whatever..brown with black, plaid with stripes, red and green. I am having a hard time finding cute clothes for Brynn. They also love their bling. I'll see something cute to turn it over and find sparkles, a Mickey Mouse, some buttons and a big bow all on the back. Or I'll turn it over and find they have split bottoms (it you don't know what split bottoms pants are you must go to Google images and type in Chinese split bottom pants. It is what we see on the streets everyday). I was really excited to find some cute leggings for Brynn today.  For those of you that are near a Target this is not a big deal, but for me it is huge.

This part is for my dad...he has been wanting me to post some pictures of our apartment complex. My parent's will be here in exactly three months from today.  I am so excited and can't wait to see them! There is an open invitation to anyone that wants to come visit. We have a guest bedroom!  Here you go dad!!!

Front Gate 

Near our building
Entrance to our building. Usually our scooter is parked right in front of where Brynn is seating. 
Brynn wanted her picture taken too!

View from our living room window
Our building is close to the back gate. This is the way we walk to get to the main street.
This is a little open area right outside our back gate. Brynn loves it, because she has space to run and play and this is where we meet her friends.

We got lucky today, because this cute little guy (Brynn's boyfriend from previous post) was out playing with his Grandmother. I got some really cute pictures of the two of them and will have to post them soon!!

4 comments:

  1. it's so nice, i'm glad you posted pics where you live too!! post a pic of that carrier thing....i can only imagine how much easier it is for you without lugging a stroller around!! keep me updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I used my baby bjorn carrier 24/7 with Nora and I have already busted it out with Lila! Those things are LIFESAVERS especially when out and about and when we would travel! I love reading you guys blog... it sounds like you are having a pretty amazing adventure! I mailed you a baby announcement (I even made a special trip to the post office window to ask if I needed special postage stamps to mail to China... lol) So hopefully you guys will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara! Great post, and I loved seeing the pics of where you guys live. I don't know what I was imagining, but there are lots of pretty trees around. :) I have heard of the Ergo baby carrier from some other moms, but now you've really got me interested! I'm gonna have to go check it out. Hope yall are doing well! Miss you, Roll Tide, and God bless! April

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a child today at the HOMEWOOD, ALABAMA park in the split bottom pants-- with nothing underneath them-- wow!!! Of course it was an Asian child, but thanks to your post, I was able to not stare in shock!!!

    ReplyDelete