Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mid-Autumn Day

This year I shared my birthday with the Chinese Holiday, Mid-Autumn Day. The school was already closed to students, but it was scheduled to be a teacher in-service day. The afternoon before my birthday Matt called to let me know the administration decided to let the teachers have the day off as well. I was so happy that the three of us got to spend the day together. We got up early and ate breakfast at McDonald's

*Side note* I have eaten at MD more in the last two months than I have my whole life. There are many reasons 1. it is very convenient to the school 2. they have a picture menu 3. sometimes you just needs some chicken nuggets and fries.  You know that you have eaten somewhere a lot when you turn around while in line ordering and your 18 month old daughter has already gone across the restaurant and rolled over the highchair. Yes, she remembers exactly where they keep their highchairs and was very proud of herself.

Our Internet was out most of the week  (we needed to pay more money on it, but that is a different story) so we went by the school and I got to Skype my parents and check my e-mail. Thank you all for the e-mails, fb messages and cards. They all meant a lot to me! Then we rode the bus downtown and went swimming. The pool was very nice and we were the only ones in it. Brynn is now a little daredevil in the pool. She was jumping in off the side, with much assistance. After swimming we went to Tony Roma's for lunch. A brand new one just opened downtown. Matt enjoyed ribs and Brynn and I ate chicken.That night we ate delicious tacos and played games at the Miller's home. I had a very good 28th birthday!!

We be flying out to Beijing this Friday for a couple of days. Matt has a teaching conference and we are staying extra to see some sites.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip!! I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Sara!! Sorry we missed it, but it sounds like you had a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete